Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmesser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Long Island, NY USA
I want to put a large image database of products on the web. Each product can have several images associated with it and there are text fields (with will be searchable) describing each item. It's a simple relational database scheme with text fields, main images (or paths), and thumbnail images (or paths). Searches would, for example, return HTML pages with data and thumbnails linked to main images and other views. I shouldn't need more than several HTML templates. I am managing all this data locally with Extensis Portfolio but I want to put it on an off-site server, either by uploading all data and importing it into a CGI database or uploading (mirroring) a local partition which contains the site.

Does anyone know of a web solution which will do this or of a solution which I can use locally for the second option? Extensis Portfolio templates are too limited for the second option. I'm trying to avoid the expense of reinventing the wheel for a basically simple application. Thanks in advance for any insights or ideas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.