Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lazycat1984

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2013
Oregon USA
Hearts of Iron 3

I just got it on a mac mini with OS10.8.2 and it won't even launch- one of those click the icon see a flash and then nothing. Dies that quick. I'd like to know if there's a fix. And fast since it looks like the maker isn't distributing it any longer through mac gamestore (or Apple's own store for that matter).

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
I just got it on a mac mini with OS10.8.2 and it won't even launch- one of those click the icon see a flash and then nothing. Dies that quick. I'd like to know if there's a fix. And fast since it looks like the maker isn't distributing it any longer through mac gamestore (or Apple's own store for that matter).

Try the Steam forums. I am pretty sure it is a Steamplay title there. I'd post in both the Mac forum and the game forum for maximum exposure. :D

lazycat1984

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2013
Oregon USA
Thanks- the game runs (slooowwwwwly) on my old Macbook pro - but since the graphics card is one it specifically said is not supported, it looks ... uh... weird! SO it's not like I totally can't play it but..not exactly getting a fun experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.