Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gala

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Any apps out there that let you search a PDF. I upload my invoices into my PDF editor but I can't find one that let's me search it (if its even possible).

I have lists of invoices for our small retail store. I would love to be able to scan them into my iPad and then search for the products individually since they are not in alphabetical order but in numerical order of product code.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
Any apps out there that let you search a PDF. I upload my invoices into my PDF editor but I can't find one that let's me search it (if its even possible).

I have lists of invoices for our small retail store. I would love to be able to scan them into my iPad and then search for the products individually since they are not in alphabetical order but in numerical order of product code.

GoodReader has text search capability. Your scanning procedure would have to result in text rather than an image for your idea to work.

Regards,
Tom

AbeFrohman

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
Virtually all decent PDF readers have search capabilities. You've got to scan them in at an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) setting so the text can be searched.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.