Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maiden666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Hello
Just got a 21 inch imac and been having a mess around with iMovie.
Ive just finished the rendering process now i'm wanting to move the movie into itunes so i can put it on my ipad.
Thing is though i can't seem to get it to play in iTunes,so i cannot move it onto my iPad.
Does imovie not convert the files into mp4.
Is there any way i can get round this.

Thanks
Ian

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
Perhaps this would be better in the imovie sub forum or something similar as this isn't directly related to the iMac.

But off the top of my head have you tried the share drop down menu and chosen itunes?

maiden666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Hello,yeah maybe i should have put it in that forum,sorry
I did,nt notice any options i just rendered it thinking it would auto play in iTunes.

Ian

Nuke61

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2013
Columbia, SC
Hello
Just got a 21 inch imac and been having a mess around with iMovie.
Ive just finished the rendering process now i'm wanting to move the movie into itunes so i can put it on my ipad.
Thing is though i can't seem to get it to play in iTunes,so i cannot move it onto my iPad.
Does imovie not convert the files into mp4.
Is there any way i can get round this.

Thanks
Ian
In iMovie you should have selected the Publish To iMovie option and it will show formats that will work with the iPhone (and other devices).

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
In iMovie you should have selected the Publish To iMovie option and it will show formats that will work with the iPhone (and other devices).

I guess they changed it from share to publish. I don't use imovie (Only FCP - the last version before it changed over).

maiden666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Thanks for your help,tried it and it works okay now in iTunes,so now I can stream from the iPad to apple tv.

Cheers
Ian

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.