Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
Hey all, in my spare time thought i'd make a concept for what I think would make a cool iOS 7 music player app. Made it in Keynote, not something I've really done before but I think it turned out okay overall. It's quite short (ran out of time) but tell me what you think! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsGUirgG2vQ

1zgstol.png

An interface much like iTunes 11 on the mac and similar to the iPad interface.

1znvi8y.jpg

No horrible black bars, with gesture controls such as downwards swipe to see the music in an album, giving you the functionality of previous OS'es.

Last edited:

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
Anything that's looks better than what Apple has right now works.

Also I assume the teaser at the end means your doing more, please do more.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
Anything that's looks better than what Apple has right now works.

Also I assume the teaser at the end means your doing more, please do more.

Everyday I use iOS 7 it just reeks 'boring' to me.
Yeah I sure am, have a few ideas for that homescreen ;)

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
I like it, looks clean and true to Apple style IMO. Hope Tim and Jony take note that people are coming up with better concepts in their spare time than Apple's developers are while getting paid...

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
I like the idea! But, I do have to say I like being able to have a back button someplace on the main music control view. Can't wait to see what happens and if you have any other ideas in store!

kevpan815

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2013
Algonquin, IL U.S.A.
Hey all, in my spare time thought i'd make a concept for what I think would make a cool iOS 7 music player app. Made it in Keynote, not something I've really done before but I think it turned out okay overall. It's quite short (ran out of time) but tell me what you think :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsGUirgG2vQ

An interface much like iTunes 11 on the mac and similar to the iPad interface.

No horrible black bars, with gesture controls such as downwards swipe to see the music in an album, giving you the functionality of previous OS'es.

How many times do I have to tell you guys the following: Apple is currently working on IOS 6.1.3 NOT IOS 7.0. I am in the Apple Developer Program so I have IOS 6.1.3 Beta 2!

IOS 7.0 will NOT even begin Beta Testing until WWDC in June/July and then it will go GM in the Fall 2013 which is when the IPhone 5S will come out, you guys who are hoping for an August Release of the IPhone 5S need to get real, how can they release IOS 7.0 and the IPhone 5S side by side in August when New IOS Builds don't even hit Beta until WWDC anymore? Just FYI.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
How many times do I have to tell you guys the following: Apple is currently working on IOS 6.1.3 NOT IOS 7.0. I am in the Apple Developer Program so I have IOS 6.1.3 Beta 2!

IOS 7.0 will NOT even begin Beta Testing until WWDC in June/July and then it will go GM in the Fall 2013 which is when the IPhone 5S will come out, you guys who are hoping for an August Release of the IPhone 5S need to get real, how can they release IOS 7.0 and the IPhone 5S side by side in August when New IOS Builds don't even hit Beta until WWDC anymore? Just FYI.

Ha you're joking right? I used to be on the developer program, I've had apps in the store. They tell you nothing consumers and tech companies won't know,of course they have ideas for ios 7 already. As a developer you know should know how long it takes to code something.

And besides... This way they have a chance to implement my idea ;)

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012

Just because Apple hasn't release iOS 7 to developers to beta-test does not mean they haven't started testing it internally. iOS 7 is probably in developing phase within their own iOS software team internally now, they will announce and release it to developers in June at WWDC 2013.

merrickdrfc

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2011
Doncaster / Berlin

iOS 7 will have been in the early stages of development before iOS 6 was even released. Developers get things early granted, but the software is basically almost there by the time we get it, except for obviously bug fixes and a few new features that are introduced in the later beta's.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
iOS 7 will have been in the early stages of development before iOS 6 was even released. Developers get things early granted, but the software is basically almost there by the time we get it, except for obviously bug fixes and a few new features that are introduced in the later beta's.

Exactly!

----------

Thanks! :) Considering working on my concept for the home-screen I hope it's pretty unique ;)

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Do you expect them to open iOS 7 for developer testing without internal testing at all? :rolleyes:

JoeyCloverfield

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
I think the spacing between the edge of screen and between albums should be the same. Something like this.

2rh4mes.jpg

I was to lazy to create icons so I used X as placeholders.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
I think the spacing between the edge of screen and between albums should be the same. Something like this.

Wow I love whar you did with my concept, mine was just an idea but I just love how you polished it off!

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010

Love the colour on the bottom strip, so sick of black and greys! Combine this with the album "opening" animation used in iTunes/Remote app and it is a real winner!

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
I not like the idea of making album covers more prominent on the iPhone/iPod touch. They'll just make scrolling through your library on the small screen tedious IMO.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
I not like the idea of making album covers more prominent on the iPhone/iPod touch. They'll just make scrolling through your library on the small screen tedious IMO.

Well maybe apple will make the screen bigger ;) ha just kidding, I know what you mean, but the design would allow for different 'view's on finding your content ;)

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Interesting bits and pieces. But the pulldown gesture would interfere with notification center on now playing screen. Plus everyone getting gesture happy sometimes dont realize that it just adds a level of non-intuitiveness. Right now a simple tap in music brings up controls.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
WOW that looks really bad ,you guys have WOAT taste.

If you're going to come here and insult someone, please have the decency of at least using spell check. :rolleyes:

OP, it isn't a bad concept. The polished off version done by another member is way better to me, but the concept isn't bad. By merely taking elements from iTunes, you added some sort of continuity between the player on the phone and iTunes. That is something Apple should do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.