Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhiteDuallyIL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
I need some serious help ASAP.

I upgraded my web and mail server last ngiht from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 and server itself is running much smoother and faster but I have a major problem. On the client machines that are windows outlook can not send mail keeps getting th error "The connection to the server was interrupted." The clients that are on Mac mail there is no probelm and the few mac's that are running outlook on them there is no problem. Also no problem with the phones or tablets jsut the windows machiens running outlook.

I am getting quite a few postfix errors on the smtp log:
/usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup - throttling

mail.%^&.com postfix/smtpd [21161]: error: validate resposne: Crentials could not be verified, username or password wrong. But there was no issue before the upgrade.

I need some help Please.

WhiteDuallyIL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
Fixed it before 10.8.3 I had to set Digest MD-5 for authentication I had to turn that off and enable Digest Cram MD-5. A good way to waste 8 hours

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
Fixed it before 10.8.3 I had to set Digest MD-5 for authentication I had to turn that off and enable Digest Cram MD-5. A good way to waste 8 hours

Ain't that the truth behind the scenes in tech? Perhaps it's the same for you, but it making me old before my time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.