Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Greene1123

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2013
Hey guys,

I need to get a rMBP for school next year, and I don't know enough about processor speeds to decide which one to get. I need 512GB of storage and 16GB of memory, but I don't know which processor to go for.

I'll be using it for a lot of intense design work in programs like Rhino, SolidWorks, Illustrator, and things like that.

Any suggestions?

B...

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2013
Hey guys,

I need to get a rMBP for school next year, and I don't know enough about processor speeds to decide which one to get. I need 512GB of storage and 16GB of memory, but I don't know which processor to go for.

I'll be using it for a lot of intense design work in programs like Rhino, SolidWorks, Illustrator, and things like that.

Any suggestions?
If you need both 16 GB of RAM and 512 GB, just get the high end rMBP with both those and 2.7 GHz. You will enjoy the extra kick with your intense work. Why pay for the upgrades from the base model when you could just step up and get all those and a full GB of graphics?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.