Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lauandyuen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2013
mac mini 2012 all usb 3.0 port affect wifi !

Very serious , I use wifi n 5gz , crazy drop out wifi !
only use wifi 2.4 better !!!!!!!!

WHAT SHOULD I DO !!!!! PLS HELP !!!!!!
I USE MYTEK DIGITAL STEREO 192 DSD DAC , AND usb LOGITECH unify mouse and keyboard !!!

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
The easiest way to minimize USB 3.0 interference is to use well insulated cables and place your USB 3.0 devices a fair distance from the computer. Distancing jump drives and receivers can be accomplished with a USB 3.0 hub.

Colchiro

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2013
Can you isolate the problem to just certain devices?

I was reading on Logitech web site today that said it's common to have usb 3.0 devices affect 2.0 devices and their suggestion was the same to separate the devices as far as possible. Of course this was referring to wireless keyboards/mice.

Another possibility, have you tried changing your wifi channel?

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009

I USE MYTEK DIGITAL STEREO 192 DSD DAC , AND usb LOGITECH unify mouse and keyboard !!!

I would recommend you stope using caps and so many !s. Granted that won't fix your problem, but you will find you get more help if you clearly state your problem in a mature manor. Just a recommendation...

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008

Buy a matching router and connect your system to it via Cat5e or 6 Ethernet cable and wifi bridge it to your main router. Problem solved completely as the 2nd router can be placed a bit further away and also the 2nd router will do the heavy lifting of wifi as opposed to your Mac. The reality is any effort to fix your USB 3 issue (which many people have) is not going to be optimal just an "improvement." You might even check on an Airport Express and try that though they don't perform as well as an Extreme. I have both and when Apple chose to do their 3 steps backwards upgrade of the router software, I retired the AE's in favour of another maker. Btw, given that AC draft is out and about, you could bridge two routers that are AC (later) and get much much better results.

lauandyuen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2013
at last , use original apple usb keybaord and apple mouse .

wifi 5gz and 2.4 gz can use !

LOGITECH UNIFYING is 2.4gz , it affect my wifi signal !!!!!!!!!

THX ALL !!!!

blanka

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
Wifi stinks anyway. I live in a 35 network Wifi cloud, and I went 100% wired. What a relief! Warp speed mister Sulu! Even my iPad is hooked to gigabit.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"LOGITECH UNIFYING is 2.4gz , it affect my wifi signal !!!!!!!!!"

If you previously had your Logitech peripherals running through the unified receiver, and the unified receiver was plugged into the back of the Mini….

… you might try buying a "USB extender cable". Plug the unifying receiver into the end of the extension cable, and leave that end "hanging free" close to the Logitech mouse/keyboard (and AWAY FROM the back of the Mini).

opinio

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2013
Wifi stinks anyway. I live in a 35 network Wifi cloud, and I went 100% wired. What a relief! Warp speed mister Sulu! Even my iPad is hooked to gigabit.

How do you run your iPad at gigabit speeds? The wifi isn't even close to gigabit and the USB connection (even if there is a network adapter available) is USB 2.0.

I am interested to know your configuration?

blanka

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
Sorry, my kids call my Windows 8 tab an iPad.
Seriously, I'm not going to use iOS in any way! And the lack of POE charging was one of the big issues I had with Apple's hardware.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
If you really need to charge over an Ethernet cable, there are PoE-USB adapters that can be used with the iPad (or any other device that charges over USB obviously).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.