Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
I finally decided to spend some time to get SheepSaver up and running. I initially had some success with Mini vMac but I think I'm having more success with SheepShaver.

I was able to fire this bad boy up with System 7.5 and I was able to get the SimCity up and running as well :D
SheepShaver.png

I had OS9 running with a NewWorld rom, but I think its running better with System 7 (and an OldWorld rom). I was getting a virtual ram error with Mac OS9 that I'm not getting with system 7 and performance seems a bit snappier as well.

Mac Hammer Fan

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Classic runs better on Power Pc Macs than Sheepshaver. In the case of Sheepshaver, some applications (useful for me) don't work.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Classic runs better on Power Pc Macs than Sheepshaver. In the case of Sheepshaver, some applications (useful for me) don't work.

The emulation does run some stuff, I was surprised it was running simcity and it was doing a decent job - not great but not bad.

If you see my other threads, I'm poking around ebay for a cheap laptop, mostly a Pismo, or maybe a TiBook. Its fun to play with and I enjoy the classic OS, through I'm starting to remember the issues with extensions :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.