Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jmanp17

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
So I made this project on Garageband for a buddy to help me with and converted it over to iTunes. And what do you know? My crappy old 3G and 2G iPods skip right over the song when I went to show them to my buddy. I reset the iPod by hand 5 times, and even reset it to factory 7, still no luck. I created a few AAC versions, and there are TWO versions of the songs that won't skip, so maybe those are the AAC versions? I seriously have no idea, and I'm extremely frustrated. What can I do? The Garageband project no longer exists, so I can't exactly remake it.

EDIT - I converted them to AAC and deleted the others and it IS infact the AAC files that work. Is this temporary? Or permanent?

Last edited:

aarond12

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2002
Dallas, TX USA
You found your own solution. If the iPods don't recognize the song, they will skip it, exactly as you describe.

The solution I found was to bring in the song into iTunes, right-click and select Convert to AAC. Let iTunes do the conversion and it seems to work consistently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.