Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Young Turk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2002
Configuration: latest iPad, latest Airport Express, latest AppleTV connected via HDMI to HDMI Projector.

Speakers on Projector are weak. What are my wired (optical connection) and wireless (Airplay) options for speakers?

Having hard time conceptualizing the following: on my iPad, I select AppleTV for the video of my presentation, but what about the audio if I go Airplay speakers?

Thanks in advance,

YoungTurk

smellalot

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2011
Having hard time conceptualizing the following: on my iPad, I select AppleTV for the video of my presentation, but what about the audio if I go Airplay speakers?

YoungTurk

On your ATV under Settings>AirPlay you can set an airport express or other AirPlay device as the default audio output.
I run it that way and it works flawlessly with the latest generation airport express.

Young Turk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2002
On your ATV under Settings>AirPlay you can set an airport express or other AirPlay device as the default audio output.
I run it that way and it works flawlessly with the latest generation airport express.

Got it, thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.