Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

foxdougan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to insert a landscape page into a primarily portrait document. I've read on the forums that you should insert a page break to do so as the 'orientation' button affects the entire document.

Unfortunately, page break is greyed out. I've tried highlighting text, highlighting the page in the document map pane etc. but it still stays greyed out.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-17 at 11.22.37.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-17 at 11.22.37.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 429

jdelgado

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2009
Chile
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to insert a landscape page into a primarily portrait document. I've read on the forums that you should insert a page break to do so as the 'orientation' button affects the entire document.

Unfortunately, page break is greyed out. I've tried highlighting text, highlighting the page in the document map pane etc. but it still stays greyed out.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

I have done this inserting a new section and defining its own page setup. I do not know if there is another way, but that has worked for me.

foxdougan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
My workaround for this was to save the document as a PDF (as I intended to anyway), then use Preview to insert the finished landscape page.

However, I'd love to know how to do it in Word so I can edit the whole document together!

Something as common as this should be super easy to do...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.