Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wnxgenral

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2008
My iMessage was really in and out, sometimes not sending messages and causing my recipients to have to text me back...

I was able to remedy this by turning iMessage off... then going into RESET and resetting the network settings and finally turning iMessage back on.

This has worked like a charm and I no longer have any iMessage issues.

zerostar

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
South Florida
I did a reset all settings (which actually didn't reset much) and that fixed most issues I was having, reminders is better and my battery is working again.

portishead

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
iMessage not working on iPhone 4S. It sends the iMessage and even says "delivered" but I'm not getting them on iPhone 5. Oh well, guess I gotta wait for beta 2.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
My iMessage was really in and out, sometimes not sending messages and causing my recipients to have to text me back...

I was able to remedy this by turning iMessage off... then going into RESET and resetting the network settings and finally turning iMessage back on.

This has worked like a charm and I no longer have any iMessage issues.

Thanks! Did this earlier and my iMessage seems to be working a lot better now. :)

MorningZ

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2009
Ft Lauderdale
I just wanted to add that the steps of turning off iMessage, Reset Network Settings, then turning iMessage back on again fixed my issue, which in iOS 7 was showing my cell # grayed out and not checked as being able to send/receive... doing the steps "activated" my # again so it's back in action

Thanks for the tip !

dedehakan

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2013
I really wants to see "Activated" message... I reset almost everything. I hope it works... finger crossed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.