Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

photogpab

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
love it, except one thing. when i sort by artist, and click on that artist, i used to just get a list of album titles so i could select the album i wanted quickly.

now it shows every album + song on one screen and i have to scroll and scroll and scroll through all the songs till i find the album i want.

takes a lot longer.

Dee2001

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2009
This is one of the only things I dislike about iOS7. One of my Artists has 39 different titles and it takes forever the scroll through them to get to album/track I want to play.

YoNadz

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I also hate that they removed the STAR rating from songs. I used to use that to mark songs that I planned to remove later with 1 star. Hopefully they return that function when the full version is launched.

photogpab

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
This is one of the only things I dislike about iOS7. One of my Artists has 39 different titles and it takes forever the scroll through them to get to album/track I want to play.

yep. one of my artists has 25+ albums and i scroll and scroll forever trying to find the album, then accidentally pass it, then have to go back. its a headache. i hate it.

i think everything else looks nice. just wish they would change this one thing.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
Yeah I don't like it. I can see why they did it, I bet that most people only have a few songs off an album if they only get the singles. I, on the other hand, like having full albums, so for my case it's kind of a pain. Although, it would be much less annoying if scrolling didn't lag so much here.

Northernist

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2013
Agreed.. I have the full albums on my computer but for my iPhone I typically like to sync only the songs I listen to so it can be annoying to have all the albums display.

And sometimes I want to just listen to all the songs from an artist regardless of album, which currently isn't possible without using Siri. Right now you can only repeat by album.

zosokm

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2012
I also hate that they removed the STAR rating from songs. I used to use that to mark songs that I planned to remove later with 1 star. Hopefully they return that function when the full version is launched.

Thats a very important feature. I use it in precisely the same way - Hope they add it back to final build

YoNadz

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Agreed.. I have the full albums on my computer but for my iPhone I typically like to sync only the songs I listen to so it can be annoying to have all the albums display.

And sometimes I want to just listen to all the songs from an artist regardless of album, which currently isn't possible without using Siri. Right now you can only repeat by album.

and you can only shuffle by album. no more shuffling all titles from the same artist.

Give Apple that feedback.

how do i go about doing that?

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
I have so much music that even the iOS 6 music app was a headache for me sometimes.

My advice?

Use the search. Go into settings and put "Music" near the top of the search bar settings, and when you start to search for albums and artist it actually gets smart. For example....

If I search for "Imagine Dragons" a lot, it makes it a "TOP HIT" and the second I type an I in search it pulls up the album.

This was a lot easier for me in iOS 6 so I am not worried about adjusting to iOS 7 and its new music app.

Give it a shot!

tremlock

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2008
The Land of Cleves
Don't forget the cool effect next to the song name when a song is playing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 135

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
I also love the new feature where the music doesn't play.

And how I sometimes opens up Radio for me (in Australia, where it's not supposed to work) and switches my Stores (App and iTunes) to the US and I can't buy stuff until I sign in and out. The radio part actually works though :)

And this morning I had the part where the previous song in the playlist was being played but was displaying the current song info...

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
love it, except one thing. when i sort by artist, and click on that artist, i used to just get a list of album titles so i could select the album i wanted quickly.

Hope this is restored. And in iOS6 when you have a lot of albums by one artist, you get a alphabetic selector on the right which reduces the scrolling required. Hopefully that will be available in a subsequent build.

notrack

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
What I miss is sorting (for date added and others). This I consider as a rather basic functionality and more important than fancy effects.

photogpab

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
i was also surprised they didnt implement new features like "play next". its a great feature on itunes where you can select the next song while the current song is still playing.

shame its not on iOS 7

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
What I miss is sorting (for date added and others). This I consider as a rather basic functionality and more important than fancy effects.

Recently Added and Recently Played smart playlists take care of this - improved and automatic if you use iTunes Match.

AppleNewton

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2007
1 Finite Place
the previous way of having all the list of albums with the option to shuffle all, is that no longer present in the new version? That was a huge plus for me..

notrack

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
Recently Added and Recently Played smart playlists take care of this - improved and automatic if you use iTunes Match.

Nice, didn't think of smart lists, even better than sorting. Could you specify the improved and automatic part?

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Nice, didn't think of smart lists, even better than sorting. Could you specify the improved and automatic part?

Well, you add or play a track in iTunes and if using Match the playlists automatically update on all your devices. It seems much faster using iOS 7 than iOS 6 - almost instant.

KingDavid

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
Hope this is restored. And in iOS6 when you have a lot of albums by one artist, you get a alphabetic selector on the right which reduces the scrolling required. Hopefully that will be available in a subsequent build.

Except, the problem is, that the albums aren't sorted alphabetically. They're sorted chronologically.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.