Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Akuratyde

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Often I have multiple albums by the same artist on my iPhone. In the past I've enjoyed pressing "Play All" and letting it play through all of the albums by that artist. In iOS 7 this feature appears to be missing. Am I just not seeing it or has this feature actually been removed?

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
Read elsewhere that this is the case. Assume it's a temporary omission.

Personal tangent - Rdio also does not have this feature and it drives me bonkers. Seems like basic functionality.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Read elsewhere that this is the case. Assume it's a temporary omission.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid we can't assume the omission is temporary. This and other features went missing from the iPad music app in the transition from iOS 5 to 6, and never came back.

Chazz08

Cancelled
Dec 4, 2012
Often I have multiple albums by the same artist on my iPhone. In the past I've enjoyed pressing "Play All" and letting it play through all of the albums by that artist. In iOS 7 this feature appears to be missing. Am I just not seeing it or has this feature actually been removed?

I really hope they add it back. It would seem stupid to force everyone to make playlists for artists.....which I've done. I've found, though, that if you ask Siri to play an artist, she plays all songs by the artist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.