Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

630330_larger.png
Dropbox today updated its universal iOS app with the ability to use swipe gestures to perform tasks more quickly, as well as the ability to share multiple photos at a time.
What's New in Version 2.3

- Easily share a link to a folder
- Swipe on any file to quickly share, move, delete, or favorite
- Select and share multiple photos with your family, friends, and other humans
- Bug fixes and other magical performance improvements to keep you happy
Previously, Dropbox iOS users had to enter an "edit" mode to manage their files, but they now have a way to perform those functions in fewer steps with a feature that resembles a mechanism used in the popular Mailbox app, which is owned by Dropbox.

The update marks another effort by Dropbox to streamline sharing for users. Earlier this month, the company made sharing photos on its Mac client easier and in March updated the Mac app to simplify file sharing in general.

Dropbox for iOS is a universal app and is available free in the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Dropbox for iOS Updated with Swipe Gesture Support and Multi-Photo Sharing

SprSynJn

Sep 15, 2011
Japan
I still don't know why they offer so little storage when all other competitors offer more. I stopped using them as my primary a while ago cause of that.

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
Still need to be able to select a folder for offline viewing.

To have to put files in your dropbox folders on your desktop, and then before running out the door to a client, open dropbox and find and manually check off every file individually for offline viewing makes the entire service more of a hassle than just copying the files over via friggin iTunes...

iOS has been out for what, 6 years? And we still don't have a decent way of basic file management on these things? Ridiculous.

beaniemyman

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2013
well, it's about time! we're still awaiting many basic features. dropbox should focus more on their mobile app.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
A complete mess

The app is a complete wreck now. I've emailed DB support and they are working with me to resolve the issues. Probably wont be without another update but I hope that it soon!!! :(

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
Still need to be able to select a folder for offline viewing.

To have to put files in your dropbox folders on your desktop, and then before running out the door to a client, open dropbox and find and manually check off every file individually for offline viewing makes the entire service more of a hassle than just copying the files over via friggin iTunes....

Agreed, can't believe this is still missing. It would also allow you to keep a folder in sync in the case of new files being added, instead of having to explicitly check off any new files. (Well, you'd have to launch the app to initiate a sync, but it would still be helpful.)

That and the ability to download multiple images to your camera roll all at once. Doing it one by one is painful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.