Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryantcairns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Just spent a couple of hours playing around, I'm actually quite happy with how these came out!

BnteYap.jpg

4NUCZ7Y.jpg

Jare

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2010
Canada
Just spent a couple of hours playing around, I'm actually quite happy with how these came out!

I don't mind them, but I really hope OS X doesn't move in the direction of iOS's design. Not that yours are bad, I just can't see my mac looking like iOS 7.. I would be horrified.

sankyo

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2013
I don't mind them, but I really hope OS X doesn't move in the direction of iOS's design. Not that yours are bad, I just can't see my mac looking like iOS 7.. I would be horrified.

It must. It has to. We cannot have this inconsistency.

MacBooks still look like iPhones used to when the battery dies.

notrack

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
No way on a Mac. Inconsistancy should be solved much deeper than just swapping icons.

But put them on a "translucent" rounded square and we have some hugely improved iOS icons. Nice :p

KenAFSPC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
The OSX interface is old and stale. Apple has got to change the font, eliminate the shadows and 3D buttons, and adopt the white aesthetic and icons of IOS7. :rolleyes:

Ryantcairns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
The OSX interface is old and stale. Apple has got to change the font, eliminate the shadows and 3D buttons, and adopt the white aesthetic and icons of IOS7. :rolleyes:

Despite your obvious sarcasm I would actually agree.

JoeyCloverfield

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
What's depressing is that Apple making OS X look like iOS 7 is completely possible.

I have yet to understand some people's obsession with change for change's sake. Every feature that Apple introduced with iOS 7 could have been done with iOS 6's aesthetics. They could have just removed the gloss, textures, and made the gradients more subtle. But instead… (sigh)

PS. What's the deal with Notes/Reminders? They still have textures. WTF?

donutbagel

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2013
Can't say I'd like these on my Mac, but Apple should have hired you to do their Safari icon for iOS 7.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
what's with the lack of iOS7 themes Mac OS mockups!

So interested to see how these design cues would translate to iOS.

I guess we'll have to wait for Mac OS 11. or iOSX?

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
I was hoping that the apps in this coming iOS 7 would be circular. I like them, but overall I don't care, it's something I tap on, if it functions great then I have no qualms.

Harrycooke

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
London
This has been one thing that irks me with Macs. I love consistency. I like things to look like they belong together. This is the reason I was first attracted to iPhones. I think if OSX was more consistent with iOS and itself even, it would be beautiful. I'd love OSX to have a corresponding similarity to iOS. Symbiotic.

Jamesesesesess

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
Not bad at all, I rather like that look in the dock. I don't think I'd choose that over the current design but it's a pretty nice look.

ylrd

macrumors member
May 25, 2013
Europe
They look nice and all, but if I used them I'd feel like I was using a kids computer with cute toy apps that look like stickers.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
If iI wanted my computer to look like that - I'd use Windows 8!

In all seriousness though - the majority of OS X's design hasn't changed in years - and it has no need to change.

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
OSX has been going the other way in recent times; removing all the colour seems to be on Apple's agenda. The Finder icons went to grey, amongst others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.