Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

al3000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
England
I have just installed 512 of ram (crucial) to my new powerbook, I have followed the instructions exactly and it has snapped into place...but it is not showing up in system profiler. The first time it happened I took it out and tried again, but still nothing.

Please help, I really don't know what to do and worry i'm going to damage my system! :eek:

Thanks in advance

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
al3000 said:
I have just installed 512 of ram (crucial) to my new powerbook, I have followed the instructions exactly and it has snapped into place...but it is not showing up in system profiler. The first time it happened I took it out and tried again, but still nothing.

Please help, I really don't know what to do and worry i'm going to damage my system! :eek:

Thanks in advance
Take it out, send it back to Crucial for another chip, this seems to be bad RAM.

1hot5.0

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2005
Take the stick of ram out, and try putting it in again. It may have snapped into place, but not have gone all the way in. If it still does not work after doing this, then I would send the stick of ram back for a replacement.

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
Crucial guarantees their ram, so no worries, just talk to them about it and they will take care of it in a hurry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.