Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

novetan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
I have some trouble getting to sleep and used to sleep with classical music using Creative Zen with time adjustment to power off, either 1,2 or 3 hrs later. After 5 yrs, that gadget has to give way and no replacement parts.

I just bought the latest itouch version 6.1.3. and it doesn't have time adjustment function to power off.

Is there an App for this?

SamuraiMinis

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2013
There is a (stop playing) option in the built in clock app. Just select while in the app (timer). Then click on (when timer ends). Then scroll all the way down to the bottom below all the alarm sound options, and you'll find a (Stop Playing) option. This will stop any song or video which is playing when the timer reaches 0, and if your iPod Touch (Screen) is (On) it will be turned (Off) and (Locked). Hope this is what you were looking for :)

novetan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
There is a (stop playing) option in the built in clock app. Just select while in the app (timer). Then click on (when timer ends). Then scroll all the way down to the bottom below all the alarm sound options, and you'll find a (Stop Playing) option. This will stop any song or video which is playing when the timer reaches 0, and if your iPod Touch (Screen) is (On) it will be turned (Off) and (Locked). Hope this is what you were looking for :)

Tks so much Minis,

I hv the clock app but haha, didn't know its already there. I must be blinded.

SamuraiMinis

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2013
Tks so much Minis,

I hv the clock app but haha, didn't know its already there. I must be blinded.

Glad i was able to help! When I got my first iPod, i had to look up one too ;-) i had looked for one in the clock app, but didn't notice it. I then looked it up on YouTube and was amazed at how concealed it is to the average new/ish iOS person. ###

It should be made more noticeable in my opinion. Instead of being at the very bottom of an alarm sound's list!!! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.