Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

preyan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
South Africa
I seriously can't wait for it. I need an upgrade from iPad 2 but not willing to buy now considering we're so close to the next announcement and release. I also want the next generation Apple TV :D

Last edited:

SamuraiMinis

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2013
I seriously can't wait for it. I need an upgrade from iPad 2 but not willing to buy now considering we're so close to the next announcement and release. I also want the next generation Apple TV :D

I've been waiting a long time for the iPad 5 too!! It will be my first iPad XD

thekingofnerds

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2013

Lol. I'm still rocking an iPad first gen, 16GB WiFi.

Talk about needing an upgrade :eek:

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Yeah i'm waiting for an iPad 5 but they probably will get released with iOS 7.

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
Such a painful wait.....

I had to sell my iPad 3 in April. I was alright for the first 5 weeks, then I extremely missed it. This is beyond a painful wait. Only about 5 more weeks to go :D

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Im at my Ipad 2 and this month is the last month the warrenty will cover. Im weighthing the decison of whether to sell for ipad 5 and buy extended apple warrenty. Afterall, i still work great and im too lazy to have all info backed up and transfer to new one.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I am not in hurry to buy for an iPad 5. I wait to see what other people think of an iPad 5. No issues or problem then I will buy it like November or December. :apple:

McBeats

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2007
erf
I feel you. I just hopped on the waiting line last week. Time for my first ipad. Can't wait to utilize it for music production.

notesw

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2013
This is one of the biggest complains I have about apple in general. They release too many hardware products too fast instead of supporting older hardware.

I bought ipad 4 a few weeks ago, 2012 rls date. And now they are gonna release ipad 5, wtf?

Let me guess ipad 6 2014 january?

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
This is one of the biggest complains I have about apple in general. They release too many hardware products too fast instead of supporting older hardware.

I bought ipad 4 a few weeks ago, 2012 rls date. And now they are gonna release ipad 5, wtf?

lel. Seriously? Apple releases hardware too fast? They dont support older hardware? Apple releases hardware far less regulary than the competition and has far better older hardware support then anyone.

Just stop.

notesw

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2013
lel. Seriously? Apple releases hardware too fast? They dont support older hardware? Apple releases hardware far less regulary than the competition and has far better older hardware support then anyone.

Just stop.

ipad 2010, ipad 2 2011, ipad 3, 2012, ipad 4 2012, ipad 5 2013

Just stop what exactly?

If you're THAT bothered with someone else opinion, then put a blanket on your monitor.

Onimusha370

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010

Just stop what exactly?

If you're THAT bothered with someone else opinion, then put a blanket on your monitor.

in fairness, what did you expect to happen? you buy something that's 9 months old and then complain when something new might be on the horizon? would you rather they didn't release new products so you can still be 'the best'?
If you're that bothered about having the latest iPad, don't buy a product that's clearly going to be updated soon.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009

Just stop what exactly?

So if someone bought an iPad 2 in 2011 they are going to get the latest iOS7 coming this fall in 2013. Yet you argue that Apple should focus more on supporting older hardware? They are clearly supporting older hardware quite well, I don't see your point. I also don't see nothing wrong with the release dates.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
I am not in hurry to buy for an iPad 5. I wait to see what other people think of an iPad 5. No issues or problem then I will buy it like November or December. :apple:

Agree. I have all the patience to wait for the official release, and even more patience to read some of the reviews first, than perhaps a purchase. ;)

----------

You too funny. Few weeks ago, we all knew Apple would release a new iPad sometime around the fourth quarter (Sept/Oct time frame), so no brainer in waiting a few more weeks for one. Your poor decision got you all up in a ranting mood for not being patient. Apple only once moved up to a new iPad 4 a few months after the iPad 3, and that may have been to some issues Apple wanted to address (Unknown for sure).

jmenning1

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2010
I've thoroughly enjoyed my IPad, IPad2, and Ipad3. I can't wait for the IPad5!!. Even though each Ipad has faster speeds, better graphics, and improved resolution, I'm sure the new IPad will more than meet my needs. With Apple, you never complain about what you have.

mcdspncr

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2011

Seriously?? They don't support old hardware? Have you even looked at the fragmentation of Android vs iOS. Android's ridiculous fragmentation is specifically because they don't support old hardware. Compare to Apple's 93% iOS6 adoption rate and it's pretty clear who supports what.

Second of all, when Apple (one company) has to keep up with/ahead of Android (many companies producing hardware) its pretty obvious why they need to have an annual refresh. The whole iPad 3-4 refresh was a bit weird, but saying they release too many products is crazy. Also, considering you're here on MR and you still bought an iPad 4 in the last month, you really have no reason to complain. There's no weapon against you-know-what...

Attachments

• apple-android-ios-fragmentation-chart.jpg
    apple-android-ios-fragmentation-chart.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 301

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom

I really don't know why I'm going to bother answering a troll but hey ho.

Generally, Apple release a new generation of each iOS device on a yearly basis. They then generally support this device with free software updates for 3 years following.

The iPad 4 was released in October 2012. It's your problem that you bought yours a few weeks ago, not Apples. As usual they will release another iPad a year later. The 6th generation iPad will likely be released in the Autumn (Fall) of 2014.

So as someone said, just stop.

notesw

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2013
I really don't know why I'm going to bother answering a troll but hey ho.

Generally, Apple release a new generation of each iOS device on a yearly basis. They then generally support this device with free software updates for 3 years following.

The iPad 4 was released in October 2012. It's your problem that you bought yours a few weeks ago, not Apples. As usual they will release another iPad a year later. The 6th generation iPad will likely be released in the Autumn (Fall) of 2014.

So as someone said, just stop.

Yeah i'm gonna "stop" expressing my opinion in this community.

A lot of you are so hostile and unfriendly.

I'm a troll for expressing my opinion?

Everyone else, thanks for your opinion, I was about to respond, but i'm too tired of getting attacked for not being an apple fanboy.

I love tech but I'm not a blind fanboy like some of you are. Which is fine, but seriously personal attacks and be called a troll for having an opinion :confused:

Mods you can delete my account

jmenning1

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2010
Just because you can't renew the software, doesn't mean you can't use the outdated IPad. Competition is always going to force improvements. When the IPad5 comes out, people will want the 13" IGZO display...........

MLAM

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2011
United Kingdom

Everyone else, thanks for your opinion, I was about to respond, but i'm too tired of getting attacked for not being an apple fanboy.

I love tech but I'm not a blind fanboy like some of you are. Which is fine, but seriously personal attacks and be called a troll for having an opinion :confused:

Everyone chill :)

To me the issue is that you have come across as blaming Apple for releasing stuff to fast and you stated you bought the iPad 4th Gen a few weeks ago.

Given that you love your technology like all of us here I would be a little surprised if you were totally unaware that Apple would/could release a new iPad in the next month or 2.

Even so your iPad will support iOS 7 and unless the new iPad has something amazing feature wise (new style casing and weight reduction aside) then you probably wouldn't be missing a massive amount.

I have friends who have a iPad 1st Gen and a iPad 2 respectively and they still use it to this day, lets not forget the iPad 1 is no longer supported and its last support is iOS 5.

I don't normally reply on this forum as they all just turn into endless arguments but I am hoping you will see this as a more sensible reply and not me bitching at you like a woman ;)

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
Apple hasn't released a new iDevice since October. It will be nearly a year when they release the next round. One year in the technology world is a very long time.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom

It's not about being a fanboy.

Maybe it's just the way I've been brought up, but if I'm about to buy something that costs £400, I do a little research first. I wouldn't blindly just go and spend the money. Even the smallest amount of research would have brought results about the upcoming iPad 5.

Harp77

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2013
Toronto, ONT
Do we know for a FACT that Apple will be releasing an Ipad 5 this year? :confused:

They keep their cards so close to the vest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.