Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Poly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
So first things first: I'm no dev but still I want some advice!

I had beta1-2-3 on my 4S but removed it soon after beta3. Now beta7 is only hours away and i want to ask what to do to make my experience as smooth as possible?

Basically i need a step for step guide.....please :)

EDIT
Well i know what to do. But i need some basic tips.
Like is it worth installing every beta as new? If yes, is there another option besides the OTA update?

Last edited:

Fenderf4i

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2013
If you need a step by step guide, you shouldn't be installing the beta. There is more than enough information on these forums alone to figure it out.

Poly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
Well i know what to do. But i need some basic tips.
Like is it worth installing every beta as new? If yes, is there another option besides the OTA update?

TreeDude

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2012
I have done fresh install on every other release. If beta 7 does release today I will probably do OTA and wait for the official release to go fresh.

Why would you deal with the first 3 betas and then stop just as the OS was getting some polish? Betas 4-6 haven't had any big issues for me past application issues (most were resolved in beta 5).

Poly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
I had beta 1 as it was released, but installed it on my iOS6 full used phone and then i got beta2 and 3 OTA which pretty much ****ed my iPhone up....

What's the other way to update besides OTA?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.