Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
How come its not showing up on my iTunes? I have the beta .. is it only for U.S or something? Thanks

jon2690

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2013
US itunes account

I know itunes radio is only in the US for now. But has anyone has any luck with US Itunes account while physically outside the USA?

Installed GM and it is not showing up in the music app. I have itunes match.

Trhodezy

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2010
I know itunes radio is only in the US for now. But has anyone has any luck with US Itunes account while physically outside the USA?

Installed GM and it is not showing up in the music app. I have itunes match.

Yes it worked for me, I created a US account without a credit card - simple Google search will show you how - and logged into the US account on iTunes/App Store and voila! iTunes Radio worked, not worth the hassle if you have iTunes Match with a large library as re-loading the library once you're finished with the iTunes Radio account definitely takes its time...

iTunes Radio is pretty cool though. Can't wait for it in the UK.

jon2690

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2013
Thank you. I have had my us iTunes account with us credit card and address for years, everything has been working fine.

It is supposed to show up in the music app right? I've tried logout and login of iTunes App Store under preference, didn't show up. Does it only show up after a while.

I'm using the GM released yesterday.

jon2690

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2013
I just got it to work. I have no idea if all the steps below are required, but it seems to work for me. I may have just not waited long enough last time in the music app.

-Disable location services
-VPN into US IP address
-Preferences, Itunes App Store, Sign out.
-Sign back in (with US Itunes account with US credit card, enabled music match cause I have it)
-Open Itunes and App Store, let them communicate with server.
-Open Music App, wait.

I've turned off the vpn and switched location services back on. Restarted Iphone. Seems to still work. Again, all these steps might not be necessary.

I'd be interested in seeing if anyone else with ios 7 GM, US itunes account but physically outside the US is having any trouble getting the Radio icon to show up in the Music app. thx

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
I just got it to work. I have no idea if all the steps below are required, but it seems to work for me. I may have just not waited long enough last time in the music app.

-Disable location services
-VPN into US IP address
-Preferences, Itunes App Store, Sign out.
-Sign back in (with US Itunes account with US credit card, enabled music match cause I have it)
-Open Itunes and App Store, let them communicate with server.
-Open Music App, wait.

I've turned off the vpn and switched location services back on. Restarted Iphone. Seems to still work. Again, all these steps might not be necessary.

I'd be interested in seeing if anyone else with ios 7 GM, US itunes account but physically outside the US is having any trouble getting the Radio icon to show up in the Music app. thx

So you pretty much have to have a us credit
Card?

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
Yes it worked for me, I created a US account without a credit card - simple Google search will show you how - and logged into the US account on iTunes/App Store and voila! iTunes Radio worked, not worth the hassle if you have iTunes Match with a large library as re-loading the library once you're finished with the iTunes Radio account definitely takes its time...

iTunes Radio is pretty cool though. Can't wait for it in the UK.

This was my work around too but as you say when you go back to your normal account it has all the iTunes Match to download again

jon2690

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2013
This was my work around too but as you say when you go back to your normal account it has all the iTunes Match to download again

In the past I was able to avoid downloading all my music again by first syncing all my music with itunes (with music match off) and then turning music match on.

Can't test that with ios7 as I don't have itunes 11.1 yet.

macmtnman

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2008
wrong store

I had the same issue. Logged out of the iTunes store on the device and back in again. When I did it said the account was only valid on the US store. I realized that I had inadvertently switched the store when searching for a movie that was not on the US store. Once I switched back to the US store the Radio button returned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.