Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hoofbite

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
Hello,

I upgraded my iPhone 5 to iOS7 and also upgraded to itunes 11.1

However before the install of iOS7 I needed to clear 3GB of storage from my iPhone to install iOS7. So I cleared 7GB of music.

Since the install of iOS7 and iTunes 11.1, I have been trying to sync the phone with iTunes to get those 7GB of music back on my iPhone, but it won't do it. It gives no error message and runs the sync as if it does it, but it takes 5 seconds and it's done. But the music is not back on the phone (there is enough space for it, I checked).

I tried deleting other music after upgrading to iOS7 and then resyncing it via iTunes and it did put back the songs I deleted after getting iOS7 back on the iphone. But it still did not add back the songs I deleted prior to installing iOS7.

Any advice, tips, solutions? Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I might call Apple later today if I cannot figure it out (which so far I haven't been able to).

Cancelled
Feb 18, 2009
Hmm I'm not experiencing this on my 5, however I installed the GM clean last week and I also installed iTunes 11.1 clean today.

Can you sync any music at all over to the device (i.e. one song)?

ScottRvr91

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2013
I'm having this exact same problem. I made an account specifically for this. I restored my phone and it started to go through, but around 5000 out of 6000 songs, it changed to "waiting for changes to be applied" and then it just stood there. And now every time I sync, it keeps auto syncing (even though I have it so it shouldn't auto sync in settings) and it just stays on the "waiting for changes to be applied screen".

----------

Bump, because this is really annoying me.

Natashaos

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2013
I managed to fix mine. I went to sync music, checked off "selected playlist, artist, albums and genres."

Then down to genres and selected 3 of them and synced.
Then selected 3 more, synced and so on.

Hope this work for someone else.

Ballore

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
It's working...

I managed to fix mine. I went to sync music, checked off "selected playlist, artist, albums and genres."

Thanks so much,I just updated today and I had the same problem,I did just like you wrote and after that I just went back on iTunes,unselected the genre and then selected the album,clicked apply and it worked.So thanks again for the tip.

ja2ed

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2009

This method can't work if you manually manage your music and videos correct?

gprytherch

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
Problem Solved

Hi Guys

I updated last night and had the same problem. Having read another forum, I turned the phone off completely and restarted and it has worked fine. All of my music is now syncing.

sigbiz

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2012
Switching on & off does not work for me

Like some others I deleted all music to make space. No music on phone now. Switching on & off made no difference.

If you open iTunes on your macbook select iPhone and then sync. The free space indicator reduces at the beginning by the correct amount for teh amount of music and stays at that level to the very end of the sync then suddenly jumps back to the level with no music. Seems like there is some flaw in the final stage of syncing:mad:

hoofbite

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
Like some others I deleted all music to make space. No music on phone now. Switching on & off made no difference.

If you open iTunes on your macbook select iPhone and then sync. The free space indicator reduces at the beginning by the correct amount for teh amount of music and stays at that level to the very end of the sync then suddenly jumps back to the level with no music. Seems like there is some flaw in the final stage of syncing:mad:

Yup, that describes it perfectly. Still experiencing the same thing, I've tried some things others have recommended here, but it hasn't fixed the issue.

thouts

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2008
frustrated

i have an iphone 4s, ios7, iTunes 11.1 and i cannot sync music, movies, tv shows, or photos. if ANY of those are checked it gets stuck on "waiting for changes to be applied" and never gets any further.

is this just an issue that has to be worked out by apple? i'm getting the feeling i'm wasting my time trying on this one.

rlm2710

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
Resolution

Guys all you have to do is uncheck the sync music box when you sync it. Then sync it once. Then re-check it and sync again! worked 100% for me! :cool:

AlexOBrien

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
----------

[/COLOR]
Guys all you have to do is uncheck the sync music box when you sync it. Then sync it once. Then re-check it and sync again! worked 100% for me! :cool:

He's right!!!! do it now! It is the solution to the problem!

tbare

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
Apple fail

I have a user on a Verizon iPhone 4 8 GB -- Tried it several times... The songs in his library weren't purchased through iTunes, so I'm not sure if that's part of the issue, but regardless - sync starts, quits at step 3, and "usage" bar removes all trace of music just as described above.

nikomakhos

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012
I'm having the same problem as well. I manage my music manually and had to erase it all so I could install iOS7. Now when I try to add music to my phone from iTunes, it just adds these empty files, or "ghost songs", to my phone. I obviously can't play them and if I try to erase them through my iPhone, the Music app crashes. When I tried to go through the automatic syncing process, it just froze on the "waiting for items to copy" part.

Was this really a known bug during the beta and Apple didn't even bother to fix it?

Didn't work for me.

shavingcream

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
iTunes 11.1 not syncing with iOS7

My iPhone 5 doesn't even appear on iTunes. It doesn't recognize the phone.
My phone has a pop up that asks if I should trust this computer...but that's about it. I can still get my photos out of the phone using Image Capture, but iTunes is not functional with my iPhone 5. :mad:

Berek

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
my phone is recognized. But can't sync at all. anybody have a real fix for this? I'm trying to manage my own music, etc. and I have it selected, but cant' transfer the song over.

Kris20

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
After obsessing over this issue for 3 days straight.. I found the ONLY thing that worked for me was to sync by GENRE (2 or so at a time). Even then, some of the genres had hundreds of songs so it took a bit for the "waiting for changes to be applied" message to go away. I also went to a "Jump+" authorized apple retailer and the guy told me it was best to wait a couple days/weeks for itunes to come out with an updated, un-bugged version. Somehow I figured it out myself after trying EVERYTHING under the sun. Anyways, I hope Apple has noticed this issue. Hopefully this is a way around anyone else having the same issue!

Madhawk

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2007
I'm having the same issue, but with apps. I update the apps on iTunes and then try to sync my iPhone and iPad and nothing happens.
It doesn't update/sync my apps, I have to update the apps on my iPhone and iPad over wifi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.