Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brucio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
I have a number of music videos I've downloaded ranging from 1920x1080 down to 480x360. They are all mp4. I want to use them to make a 4 hour music video to replay at HD thru a HTPC, so a file is the final output.

1) What program is best to string them together? Nice transitions would be a plus, but not necessary.
2) FCPX wants me to transcode them to Prores, but when I did a few (Prores uses ginormous amounts of space!) the audio seemed to suffer in a few of the transcoded videos. Would it be best just to use native format?
3) Should I transcode them all to the same mp4 format first with Handbrake?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! TIA.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I have a number of music videos I've downloaded ranging from 1920x1080 down to 480x360. They are all mp4. I want to use them to make a 4 hour music video to replay at HD thru a HTPC, so a file is the final output.

1) What program is best to string them together? Nice transitions would be a plus, but not necessary.
2) FCPX wants me to transcode them to Prores, but when I did a few (Prores uses ginormous amounts of space!) the audio seemed to suffer in a few of the transcoded videos. Would it be best just to use native format?
3) Should I transcode them all to the same mp4 format first with Handbrake?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! TIA.

Going to Prores well give you the best quality. If your system is not really fast WAIT for FCPX to finish the inport and conversion

Make sure you have a fast disk for the media files. Likely the audio problems ere just an inability to play the files.

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
You would assume the audio would not get affected.

Did you try un-checking the audio part of the import?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.