Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gammamonk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2004
Madison, WI
People on this forum and elsewhere are talking about a possible product called the "iBook Nano." I have yet to find a prototype design sketch anywhere. Would anyone with mad-skills like to show Mac Rumors what they want in an iBook Nano? I'd love to see.

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
This sounds like an interesting project and topic/thread, sure, but when I am going to have some more free time. I would like to see what others have on their mind too.

ww1

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I saw a 'photo'

A British magazine called Stuff has a picture of an ibook nano in its current issue. Perhaps you can find it on the web.

TimTheEnchanter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
Here's one I quickly did a few days ago. The concept is where the keyboard and touchpad were is now one big touch-screen as well as the main screen (or not if too spendy). The first, full multi-touch computer. Expanding on the idea is that this could also be used with your "main" Mac as an extension as a wireless touch tablet. It would have flash-based memory as well, no hard drive. I would think it would be maybe 10-12" display, little smaller than the 12" Powerbook but much thinner.

:)

Attachments

• macbook_touch2.jpg
    macbook_touch2.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 230

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
How many here would like to see the keyboard borrowed from the Motorola Razor?

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
How many here would like to see the keyboard borrowed from the Motorola Razor?

That be terrible. Do you realize how hard the keys were to press on the Razr? They were also so slippery. I would NEVER predict seeing that on a computer, let alone an Apple computer.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
That be terrible. Do you realize how hard the keys were to press on the Razr? They were also so slippery. I would NEVER predict seeing that on a computer, let alone an Apple computer.

Just the profile itself. I am looking at my MBP keyboard and the keys occupy precious height. We know the ultra-thin screens exist from Samsung. You've seen flat speakers and I would settle for an external optical. Seems the keyboard needs to go on a diet.

Afterthought: Sealed and spill-proof laptop.

iCheddar

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2007
South Dakota
Here's one I quickly did a few days ago. The concept is where the keyboard and touchpad were is now one big touch-screen as well as the main screen (or not if too spendy). The first, full multi-touch computer. Expanding on the idea is that this could also be used with your "main" Mac as an extension as a wireless touch tablet. It would have flash-based memory as well, no hard drive. I would think it would be maybe 10-12" display, little smaller than the 12" Powerbook but much thinner.

:)

Despite not being the best quality mockup, I think this is much like what we'll see when 10.6 comes out.

They've already proved the dual screen situation works well, look at the success of the Nintendo DS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.