Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poloman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2013
Hello

I want to build a dynamic website that displays some dynamic numbers like sports results in a chart like format/screen from a database or some other source (see the attachment). Displaying of the content should be in graphic format also. I have intermediate background in website creation but not advanced. But I should be able to learn anything new. I want to know which technology I should use. I heard of PHP/MYSQl. Since I want the ability to update the content on the website frequently (like sports results) I heard I can utilize Drupal, Zoomla or Wordpress. Also, users should be able to select from drop down which sports team (for example) they want to view the results for. There will be no other user inout. Can somebody guide me which apprach to take in this scenario?

Thank you

Attachments

• Sports Result.bmp
    1.7 MB · Views: 140

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Lots of ways to do this.

After reading your requirements and guessing at between the lines I'd recommend:

1) Wordpress for the front end / backend - uses MySQL / PHP
2) Find a plugin that grabs sports stats, or better grab a book and write your own plugin that grabs the stats.

Let the code do the work, updating stats on a constant basis becomes a huge pain and error prone.

blanka

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
With PHP/GD/MySQL you can generate custom images from databases. Nice combination to learn.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.