Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sikko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2014
Daughter dropped the Ipod. The hard drive was making funny sounds and would not start up. She left it for 1 yr dead.
I tried to use it, noticed the HD and bought another. (It was giving a sad computer face) Replaced the HD. Put it into HD mode and plugged it into itunes.
When plugged into USB, the Ipod come in as a HD for a bit then logs out of the computer because the Ipod says the batter is too low. I bought a new one of those too (battery) and still the same issue. It complains the battery is too low even though it has full charge. I hooked it to a power supply 3.7-4.5 V and still the same thing. There is nothing wrong with the battery and it is only complaining about the battery when plugged into USB.
Any help??? :(

GreatDrok

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2006
New Zealand
Daughter dropped the Ipod. The hard drive was making funny sounds and would not start up. She left it for 1 yr dead.
I tried to use it, noticed the HD and bought another. (It was giving a sad computer face) Replaced the HD. Put it into HD mode and plugged it into itunes.
When plugged into USB, the Ipod come in as a HD for a bit then logs out of the computer because the Ipod says the batter is too low. I bought a new one of those too (battery) and still the same issue. It complains the battery is too low even though it has full charge. I hooked it to a power supply 3.7-4.5 V and still the same thing. There is nothing wrong with the battery and it is only complaining about the battery when plugged into USB.

Same thing happened to mine - son dropped it, wouldn't charge. Replaced the battery thinking it was done but the new one wouldn't charge either. Pretty sure it needs a new logic board since it is common for that to break when the iPod is dropped.

Infinus.gold

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2014

Visit to apple store...
or...
sell old one and get new....
why to waste so much efforts...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.