Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Samsung has released a new anti-Apple advertisement that highlights the perceived shortcomings of the iPad in comparison to Samsung's new Galaxy Tab Pro and Galaxy Note Pro tablets. Targeting not only Apple, the ad also criticizes Microsoft's Surface tablet and the Amazon Kindle.

samsung-ad-ipad-notepro.jpg
The ad uses three scenarios to highlight the advantages of the Galaxy Pro series over its competitors. The first is a business conference call, during which the Galaxy owner is able to talk and simultaneously send a report because of the Galaxy's multitasking feature that allows him to display multiple Android applications at once on the screen. There's also a slight jab at the Microsoft Surface, which is ridiculed for being "computer-like" because of its keyboard, battery pack and mouse.

The ad then switches to more personal uses of the tablet with a quick dig at Amazon's Kindle device, which can only read books, while the Galaxy can pull up YouTube videos during a book club meeting. The harshest comment comes at the end when two ladies at a spa are comparing their iPad and Galaxy tablets. The discourse on the lower screen resolution of the iPad (2048-by-1536 resolution) when compared to the Galaxy Pro (2560-by-1600 resolution) ends with a condescending smile from the Galaxy owner when the iPad owner retorts that her iPad has "the retina thingy."

Samsung has a history of chiding its competitors in commercials, so it's not surprising to see the Korean company take on the iPad shortly after unveiling its Galaxy Pro series earlier this year.

The Galaxy Note Pro features Samsung's S-Pen technology, while the Tab Pro is the company's standard tablet. The Galaxy Note Pro is available in a 12.2-inch size, while the Galaxy Tab Pro ships with 12.2, 10.1 or 8.4-inch displays.

Article Link: Samsung Bashes the iPad, Microsoft Surface and Kindle in New Ad

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
I've gotta say, of all the Samsung ads I've seen, that one wasn't half bad. Still not great, and still a little on the 'bullied scared kid' side of the shoving match, but not half bad.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Samsung seems to get desperate. With the Retina iPad now going for $399, who in their right mind would buy a Samsung tablet?

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Apple's commercials are classy, these are trashy. :apple:

Remember the Mac vs PC ads? Same thing.

Also, competition is good, people. Apple has more reason to innovate/produce better products when they have competitors doing things (ex. here's hoping the next iPad can have two apps side by side).

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Retina Thingy

Though I think these ads are arrogant, I thought the lady at the end was hilarious.

"But mine has the retina thingy!" XD

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Hilarious. I'm not a big surface fan personally, but to put the ability to use a keyboard and mouse as a negative is terrible IMO. Thank god for having a real OS for the my business and personal needs. I find it hilarious that they chop down the ipad for lack of multitasking (which is well deserved) but do that while sitting next to a windows tablet which obviously trounces it in multitasking, windows, etc.

Zwopple

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2008
Particularly loved the mention of pixels.

Number of pixels != Display quality.

It's like the whole camera megapixel war all over again.

Z400Racer37

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2011
I mean the Mac vs PC ads were actually funny/entertaining. These are just attacks. Really. Same **** different desperate gasp for air.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Big shame that the iPad, Surface and Kindle are all far superior to whatever junk you sell Samsung.

eyehop

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2005
Bashing others is so immature, one should go from strength to strength, but apparently it resonates with all the haters running amok these days.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012

Also, competition is good, people. Apple has more reason to innovate/produce better products when they have competitors doing things (ex. here's hoping the next iPad can have two apps side by side).

I think you have a point. Showing unique features of your product over another application is fair play -- as in two side by side apps. The smirk at the end relative to retina display however seems unnecessary especially since I seriously doubt that is a reason anyone will choose one table versus another.

Ventilatedbrain

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2012
For the love of every one please , stop referring to mac vs PC ads , these are not the same . I genuinely hate samsung but these ads are not that bad. Samsung has products with decent internals , their hardware designs and software are what out me off

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.