Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today launched its iTunes Festival channel on the Apple TV ahead of the festival's start on September 1. Similar to previous years, the iTunes Festival channel contains information relevant to the upcoming London version of the popular music festival.

itunes_festival_2014_atv_1.jpg
Ahead of the event, the channel allows you to browse information on the history of the festival, details on the Roadhouse, and the performance schedule for next month. When the festival begins, Apple TV owners can watch HD streams of both live and archived performances.

Apple recently filled its performance calendar adding well-known musicians such as Mary J. Blige and Tony Bennett to the festival lineup. These performers will join previously announced acts such as Maroon 5, Pharrell Williams and Lenny Kravitz. Tickets for the concert are available for free via a lottery system and through local radio station promotions.

Apple's iTunes Festival iOS app is also showing as having an update available to support the upcoming concert series, but many users are reporting errors when trying to update their apps.

Article Link: Apple Launches Apple TV Channel for 2014 London iTunes Festival

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
Never got excited over any of these iTunes music festivals. I have never gotten into any of the bands that are show on the screen cap above. Half of them I have never heard of.

BruceEBonus

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2007
Derbyshire, England
Oxymoron: it's a "music festival" but oddly there's no actual festival. And no music worthy of note.
Who cares! Let's pretend it's like it was when Dad was around.
Enjoy the idea at least.

Ironically it was the iPod that contributed to the death of non- singer songwriter dross. And now they're celebrating the fact.

Nae mind eh?

Those who enjoyed music when it was around (those over 35 years of age, for example) are advised to steer well clear.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Oxymoron: it's a "music festival" but oddly there's no actual festival. And no music worthy of note.
Who cares! Let's pretend it's like it was when Dad was around.
Enjoy the idea at least.

Ironically it was the iPod that contributed to the death of non- singer songwriter dross. And now they're celebrating the fact.

Nae mind eh?

Those who enjoyed music when it was around (those over 35 years of age, for example) are advised to steer well clear.

Well, there's not much left. All those great musicians are very expensive to get or are already dead.
So my wish list will remain a "Wish List":
Queen
The Who
Pink Floyd
Van Halen
Kinks
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Jimi Hendrix
and so on...

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]image[/url]

apple today launched its itunes festival channel on the apple tv ahead of the festival's start on september 1. Similar to previous years, the itunes festival channel contains information relevant to the upcoming london version of the popular music festival.

ahead of the event, the channel allows you to browse information on the history of the festival, details on the roadhouse, and the performance schedule for next month. When the festival begins, apple tv owners can watch hd streams of both live and archived performances.

Apple recently filled its performance calendar adding well-known musicians such as mary j. Blige and tony bennett to the festival lineup. These performers will join previously announced acts such as maroon 5, pharrell williams and lenny kravitz. Tickets for the concert are available for free via a lottery system and through local radio station promotions.

Apple's itunes festival ios app is also showing as having an update available to support the upcoming concert series, but many users are reporting errors when trying to update their apps.

Article link: apple launches apple tv channel for 2014 london itunes festival

Roundhouse!!!! No Patrick Swayze in sight..

Attachments

• iTunes Festival 2014.jpg
    iTunes Festival 2014.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 171

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Some of these are actually quite good...

First thing i did was download their songs of YouTube :)

Good job. Keep 'em commin.

ksuyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
Well, there's not much left. All those great musicians are very expensive to get or are already dead.
Queen
The Who
Pink Floyd
Van Halen
Kinks
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Jimi Hendrix
and so on...

Careful, it shows ur age :p

BruceEBonus

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2007
Derbyshire, England
Queen
The Who
Pink Floyd
Van Halen
Kinks
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Jimi Hendrix
and so on...

At last. A man who knows the difference between music and .... What we have now. And yes. I am showing my age :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.