Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bensweet108

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2014
Planning on buying the current iPod Touch. I only need 16GB but I believe I read somewhere that the 32 & 64 have a better camera and specs? I can't seem to find any current info on that.

Anyone knows what the main differences are between the 16GB and the 32GB of the current iPod except the space difference of course..

thx

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2008
Planning on buying the current iPod Touch. I only need 16GB but I believe I read somewhere that the 32 & 64 have a better camera and specs? I can't seem to find any current info on that.

Anyone knows what the main differences are between the 16GB and the 32GB of the current iPod except the space difference of course..

thx

The 16GB at first was only space gray and had no rear facing camera. They have done a revision where the 16GB is now available in all colors and has the same camera as the 32/64GB counterparts.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/compare-ipod-models/

You can get the 16GB one without a camera from the refurb store for only $149. Not a bad deal if you don't care about the camera. The 16GB revised version with a camera is not yet on the refurb store. In my opinion the refurb store would be the best source of any iPod touch now. You can get the 32GB refurb model for the price of a new 16GB.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod

o2breathe

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2014

thx

16GB 5th generation has no back camera

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.