Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexmarchuk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
New Jersey
I have had the 24" and the 27" Core 2 Duo iMac's, ending up selling them. Also went from 15"-17" Macbook Pro's, loved the 17" though...

Somehow my first iMac is still kicking today, it sits at home for anyone who needs it. It can't go past 10.6.8, Google is no longer updating Chrome, new app updates that require 64bit (VLC for example) but nonetheless it is snappy!

This was the first Intel model after the G5 and if you spent time with this machine for this long you'd know Apple really orchastereated the PPC-Intel transition fantastically.

The disk write/read speeds and the 802.11g well.... suck, but we're spoiled now so... lol. Anyone else out there with these machines still kicking? Never even had to service it.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac_cd_2.0_20.html

illusionx

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2014
Brossard, QC
I had a Mac mini 1.1 that I was still using until recently. Decided that I want a newer OS... But mine went through all possible upgrades.

alexmarchuk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
New Jersey
Yeah, I mean it never bugged me at all, considering it is just a really good backup. Everything else I can do on the rMBP.

edk

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2006
yeah, im on the 2006 imac ... i updated the OS drive to a SSD, which has helped a little. But chrome really lags now and its time to upgrade soon :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.