Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Ok, this is going to sound weird... but. Has anyone seen any major iMac G5 mods anywhere on the net? I can't seem to find anything past fan mods. I've been trying really hard to find a good project to start on, and that PC in a G5 posted in this thread really has me goin' now. So. I've seen the PC in a G3 iMac mod, anyone seen anything major done to a G5?

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and if this is in the wrong part of the forum, please feel free to move it where it belongs. I just figured people in this thread might know.

tag

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
Well this is a G3 but hey, maybe you could make one out of a G5? :p

EDIT: Ah just realized you said iMac not powermac. Sorry.

Attachments

• 4610506627326927.JPG.jpg
    4610506627326927.JPG.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 204

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
livingfortoday said:
Ok, this is going to sound weird... but. Has anyone seen any major iMac G5 mods anywhere on the net? I can't seem to find anything past fan mods. I've been trying really hard to find a good project to start on, and that PC in a G5 posted in this thread really has me goin' now. So. I've seen the PC in a G3 iMac mod, anyone seen anything major done to a G5?

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and if this is in the wrong part of the forum, please feel free to move it where it belongs. I just figured people in this thread might know.

Just to ask..are you going to heavily mod a Rev C iMac....:eek: ...it's brand new :confused:

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Platform said:
Just to ask..are you going to heavily mod a Rev C iMac....:eek: ...it's brand new :confused:

No no no! Oh, lord no! That would be a crime. Also, it would void my warranty :p . I'm thinking of getting the outside shell of an iMac and playing around with that a bit, to see what I can do with it. I've seen people put an LCD and PC into a G3 iMac, and I thought about doing something similar. I've just got a lot of worries, however, (primarily heat and clearance), so I wanted to see if anyone else had tried anything similar.

It's weird, you don't really appreciate how ingenious Apple's designs are until you try to emulate them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.