Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
A dvd set I bought several months ago has a problem.
It was a relatively expensive DVD set for my budget and I am upset the 2nd dvd in the set isn't being recognized by my computer.

I posted about this a couple of weeks ago.

Now something else has come up. I thought about ripping the dvd onto my hard drive after VML failed to work too.
But now all my computers do is think that it's a blank dvd?

I know it isn't. It's not even a DVD-RW and I don't have a superdrive, so that's impossible? Isn't it?

Any hack for this?

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
tonywalker23 said:
ill bet your not the only one with a blank dvd.:(
Yeah. No Kidding.

But it wasn't blank to begin with however.
The video files showed up early on.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
No.
To tell you the truth, the third dvd looks more "damaged" on the bottom than the second one does.

Ultimatelox

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2006
North Carolina
I'm havin a similar issue w/ some dvds from my Jap DBZ collection they used to play just fine in my dvd player now it doesn't recognize 3 discs and neither does my mac mini or my lacie d2 dvd drive i've been playing dvds off my xbox 360. If you find a solution to this problem let me know.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
More info:

My mac says I've inserted a blank dvd, but when I tell it to mount in on the finder, it comes up as a blank cd?

:confused:

Is that because I don't have a Superdrive?

norobin

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2011
Mac Says Disc is Blank, but it isn't...

I am having the same problem with a sermon disc. When I insert it into my Mac Pro, it says the disc is blank. I know it isn't because when I insert it into my Mac Book, it shows it.

I would go ahead and post the sermon on our church website through my MacBook, but I can't seem to install Wave Pad on that computer, whereas I already have Wave Pad on my Mac Pro. Wave Pad allows me to change the sermon into an .mp3 file so I can post it.

Very frustrating! Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.