Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

afields

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
the only thing I know of is route 66 but it seems awfully slow/old compared to streets a trips...:confused:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Good question. However, what exactly do these apps do? If you give a detailed description, this may help prompt someone's memory. :)

Sorry I can't be more helpful. :eek:

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
mad jew said:
Good question. However, what exactly do these apps do? If you give a detailed description, this may help prompt someone's memory. :)

Sorry I can't be more helpful. :eek:
It is a bit annoying for people to ask about specific Windows software titles rather the task they want to accomplish on their Macs. Route 66 and Streets and Maps are both GPS navigation applications. To the OP, you may find several GPS titles for MacOS X here.

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
Ah, yes, Mr Me, but what if you only want mapping, not GPS? Do any of those products contain just a searchable, customizable map? Delorme used to support macs, but no longer does. Their product is excellent, much better than the MS product.

k2nv -- you would have to be on the internet to use Google Earth or Google Maps, what is needed is a software product

alexus

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2006
maybe someone can help me..

about a while ago, back when i had pc, i bought a street and tips w/ GPS, and i was wondering if i can use USB GPS that came with that software on my iBook G4, but i obviosly need some other maps software for mac.. so this is what i'm looking..

also, i've tryed google earth it seems that it'd work fine, the only thing is you need to have a internet access, so i dont see how i can use it on the road, plus it doesn't support PHAROS chipset that used by Microsoft GPS .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.