Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tiappa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Hi Everybody,
I am a proffessional musician with very limited fund who is trying to start building a little home studio so I can record my own stuff. A friend of mine recently gave me an old Motu 828 MKI that he actually found on the street. He says he used it and it works great, but I dont have any of the software or manuals that go with it and I can't seem to find a way to download them.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Right now I am using a PC and would like to find software for that, but I hope to by a G4 power book by the end of the year, so it would be great if I could find the software for both macs and pcs.
any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.
Tiappa

chasemac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2005
In a house.
If go to http://www.motu.com you will have to create an account but you will be able to download the driver and the cuemix software. As for the recording software, you will have to purchase. There might be something free for PC that will work. Not sure.:)

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
fyi -- Digital Peformer is paid software and mac-only. but the hardware you have will work with other programs.

KidPsych

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2006
MOTU Recording

You don't have to buy DP. The recording software that came with the 828 is AudioDesk. Its a very bare bones version of DP, lighter than lite.

Don't let that be a downer though, I recorded 2 albums using AudioDesk.

It is a lot cheaper than DP, because it doesn't many bells and whistles.

You might be able to use it with cuebase or ableton though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.