Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twdawson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
The reason is ask is i am having to encode these myself as we are not allowed to download them from the ITMS in th UK, which in my opinion sucks.

I have managed to get the file sizes to around 400 meg for a one hour show, so i think i am getting it about right.

Thanks for your replies.

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
The reason is ask is i am having to encode these myself as we are not allowed to download them from the ITMS in th UK, which in my opinion sucks.

I have managed to get the file sizes to around 400 meg for a one hour show, so i think i am getting it about right.

Thanks for your replies.

Just buy a gift certificate off eBay, or get a friend or family member in the USA - if you have any, to buy you one. That's what I do, and it works perfectly:)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA

iSquint in the standard iPod H.264 setting (which is the lower resolution) does about 180MB per hour of television (one hour encoded with commercials, so an actual hour). The video at that resolution isn't great but it's okay for keeping a library of old shows. :)

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2005
Battlestar Galactica, season 3 episode 5, 472.4 MB @ 128 kbps runs for 43:51 mins.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.