Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Malus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
What the topic asks...If they do, they hide it better than a ninja in a forest:confused:

Malus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
Hmm, well thank you I will use that then. You would think that apple would have some kind of generic program...I mean, windows has the paint app....come on apple, your slippin.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2005
Ah now paint isn't a basic photoshop app really is it? Now if that's the sort of thing you're looking for, if you're using a PPC Mac there's Appledraw, or Applepaint in Appleworks - no such app on InteliMacs unfortunately. :(

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
Graphic Converter is an excellent program. It is worth the shareware fee, but you can try it for free (forever, actually, if you are cheap and don't mind some inconvenience).

Image Tricks is an Photoshop Elements type program. Free when I got it, but inexpensive now.

If you really want Photoshop then get Photoshop. You might want to wait for the universal version, though. There is iPhoto, of course, and various Paint and Draw programs like: Art Rage, Intaglio, Lineform, Pixen, Rita, WouldjaDraw and Zeus Draw. There is a bunch of Mac stuff out there, depending on what you want.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Hmm, well thank you I will use that then. You would think that apple would have some kind of generic program...I mean, windows has the paint app....come on apple, your slippin.

True, but there is Seashore which is better than MS Paint and free, also mostly on a PC I used MS Paint for saving screenshots (which is done automatically on a Mac) and image conversion (which you can use Preview for).

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
Graphic Converter is an excellent program. It is worth the shareware fee, but you can try it for free (forever, actually, if you are cheap and don't mind some inconvenience).

You get a fully registered copy of Graphic Converter with OS X...or at least you used to. I did with 10.3, but when I upgraded to 10.4, that version of Graphic Converter broke, so I'd have to register to use a newer one. Oh well....

--Eric

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
You get a fully registered copy of Graphic Converter with OS X...or at least you used to. I did with 10.3, but when I upgraded to 10.4, that version of Graphic Converter broke, so I'd have to register to use a newer one. Oh well....

--Eric

You've never got it with OSX. It was bundled free with PRO machines only. So Power Macs, PowerBooks, MacBook Pros and Mac Pros. Not iBooks, iMacs, Mac Minis or MacBooks.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Yes, but Adobe is hiding the fact so they can sell you Photoshop for some serious $'s.

I think it is a bottle of whiteout, and a few colored pencils.

Edit: Ooops, sorry that stuff rolled off my desk into the open Mac box.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
I'd say iPhoto is a "photoshop-type app"

You can crop, adjust levels, export as jpg, and do all sorts of things you do in photoshop.

If you want an MS-paint type app, consider the free alternatives listed in this thread.

liamski

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2007
On a similar subject, how do I capture screenshots of stuff?

For example, on a PC, it's CTRL + ALT + PRINTSCREEN

What's the same combo for a MBP?

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.