Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Teddyg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2006
My music sounds terrible. When I try to use the EQ on my IPOD it does nothing. It says that it is off and I cannot get it to turn on. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
By terrible, do you mean that the sound is grainy, or is it missing bass/mids/high end?

If it's grainy, it has been ripped at a low bit rate. If you got it off LimeWire or similar, you don't know how many times its been ripped.

I like my music at 192kb/s AAC. That seems to avoid the grainyness of the lower rates.

Teddyg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2006
I have a 20gb black and white ipod. All of the music sounds weak like it is in a fish bowl. LIke it needs more tone added to it. In the EQ screen does it always say off at the top?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah, Off is at the top for me. I select different equalisers by scrolling to the and clicking on them. They don't move to the top though. Have you got Sound Check on (it's below the Equaliser menu)? Sound Check can make everything sound muffled. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.