Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eluon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Spring, Texas
I was given a 300MHZ Blue and White G3 Power Mac right before this school year started. It has pretty much sat in my room since it has OS 9.2 on it and only a 6 gig hard drive. I was able to get some ram for it through a local mission sale, but that is about as far as I have gotten on the upgrades. I do not have a printer that will work with the machine, and I have been struggling with what to use this machine for. It is fully functional.

I am going to be graduating college in May of this year. It came with office. My parents use my iMac G5 in my sig. at our home while I am away at school. I use my MBP on a daily basis for class and internet surfing.

Does anyone have any ideas of cool things I could use this Power Mac for?

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
well its a good machine, it would be good for web surfing, itune, if you could find a larger hard drive, it would make a good media server!

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
It'd be a decent file server for the house. You'd just need to get hard drives for that. You're limited to under 128 GB unless you get a controller though.

Maxwell Smart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2006
Well first I would just wipe 9.2 and install a nice fresh copy of Tiger. You should be able to get it pretty cheap secondhand, especially after leopard comes out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.