Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iChrisLH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
I have a 30gb iPod video. The firmware is the newest firmware and iTunes is the newest version.

I never cared to watch anything on my ipod, but i figured i would throw an episode of diggnation and infected on there just to try it out. I downloaded the quicktime small versions from itunes and when it would finish, it wouldn't show up anywhere in itunes nor on my HD. The episodes should appear on my podcast list as downloaded, but they are greyed out and have the "Get" button next to them. So i downloaded them straight from the revision3 site.

Both of the episodes are in the .m4v format. I also downloaded the H.264 equivalents to the episodes.

When i move the diggnation and infected episodes that were downloaded from revision3 into itunes they don't show up in podcasts or under movies or tv shows. when i try to import them straight to the ipod a message is displayed saying:

"Some of the files, including "diggnation--0083--2007--02-01--small.m4v", were not copied to the iPod "iPod" becasue the cannot be played on this iPod."

It is saying that the video format is not supported. .m4v is listed on the tech specs as being supported as is the default format for quicktime when exporting to the ipod. H.264 is also supported but it an enormous step up in file size.

I restored the iPod and reinstalled iTunes and the problem still persists.

Can anyone offer me a solution?

TIA

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.