Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
Is is possible to purchase Applecare again for a second time for my Powerbook?

my current care program expires in Aug. I would be using the EDU price.

And more importantly is it really worth it?

I got my HD replaced through applecare last december and am now thinking of asking if my display could be replace due to whitespots (I've waited on asking for far to long :eek: ) eventhough it really does not bug me in the least.

mccldwll

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2006
That's what I thought. Considering it's Apple I'm talking about.

Huh? Please name a manufacturer of any tech product (or other product for that matter), that lets you buy a new warranty on a three year old product?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Huh? Please name a manufacturer of any tech product (or other product for that matter), that lets you buy a new warranty on a three year old product?

I don't think he meant that it's only apple that won't let him...well maybe he did. I didn't see it as that, but who am I?
It's a legit question, I had asked Apple myself with my pb g4 purchased 3/2/05.

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
I got my HD replaced through applecare last december and am now thinking of asking if my display could be replace due to whitespots (I've waited on asking for far to long :eek: ) eventhough it really does not bug me in the least.

Yeah I'd get on that screen issue while you still have some :apple:care left! ;)

mccldwll

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2006
I don't think he meant that it's only apple that won't let him...well maybe he did. I didn't see it as that, but who am I?
It's a legit question, I had asked Apple myself with my pb g4 purchased 3/2/05.

I don't think there's any other way to take it other than a slur against apple. Nothing wrong with asking (especially w/in the 3 year period). There is something wrong about whining when you don't like the answer, especially when no company would offer that.

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
No, my little comment was not supposed to be a "slur" towards Apple. Sorry if it was taken the wrong way :eek:

It would be nice when the initial 1yr coverage is about to expire a person could purchase applecare for an additional 3yrs there by making it 4yrs instead of Apple adding the initial 1yr into the 3yr applecare package.

But now I'm getting OT.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.