Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shk718

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
every time i sync my phone on Vista - the "other" category in the capacity section of itunes seems to grow - its up to 40mb. does anyone know what this is all about?

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
every time i sync my phone on Vista - the "other" category in the capacity section of itunes seems to grow - its up to 40mb. does anyone know what this is all about?

Other includes, but not limited to:

Safari Bookmarks
Safari Cache
Safari Cookies
Contacts (including assigned photos)
Text Messages
Email that is downloaded to the phone (Yahoo push, many POP3 accounts)
Saved settings for widgets (weather, google bookmarks, clock settings etc)
Calendars
etc...

Zbot51391

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2008
I have a similar problem. Only mine was more dramatic. Yesterday afternoon i had a couple MB of Other, but last night when i tried to sync it changed to 4.5 GB and it deleted all my music, movies, etc. off because it said it didnt have enough memory. Any suggestions?

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
It also stores your Album Art and music info. The only way to reset it (and why I use playlists) is to either restore or go to each tab, uncheck everything and sync, then re-check it and sync again...this will put all where its suppose to...kind of like a Disc Defrag.

Good Luck

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2008
It also stores your Album Art and music info. The only way to reset it (and why I use playlists) is to either restore or go to each tab, uncheck everything and sync, then re-check it and sync again...this will put all where its suppose to...kind of like a Disc Defrag.

Good Luck

if you uncheck all your applications, sync, recheck them all and sync again. do you lost all your data?? like high scores and etc??? :p

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
For those that do not post online...yes. But it is the only way to reset your "other" data. Take the lesser of two evils, its up to you.

Good Luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.