Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maryn2art

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Help. does anyone know the PC as well as the Mac? I have a PC using the logitech quickcam and my brothre has a Mac with the built in isight webcam and we can't quite figure out how to get them to talk with each other. We are using AIM to get logged in. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Mary

JHacker

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2006
East Coast
Help. does anyone know the PC as well as the Mac? I have a PC using the logitech quickcam and my brothre has a Mac with the built in isight webcam and we can't quite figure out how to get them to talk with each other. We are using AIM to get logged in. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Mary

I've chatted before on my iSight using iChat with someone on AIM with a logitech cam. He's on iChat? It should work. What's the problem?

SuperCompu2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2006
MA
I believe the older version of AIM for Windows is needed for the video chat. I don't think the newer release supports video chat.

I have done iChat to AIM before to myself once, just to try it out. I also used macam for my webcam (happened to come with a lego set I bought years back, works fine with macam though) attached to my PowerMac G4 through USB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.