Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
From BBC Article:
The humble computer mouse is about to move in a whole new direction.

Microsoft has announced that new versions of its mouse will be fitted with wheels that tilt as well as roll.

The innovation means that users will be able to scroll vertically as well as horizontally without using on-screen navigation bars.
Full Article.

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
-edesignuk

Hmm. I suppose we'll see if it's useful.

I can't stop the side-to-side tilting function from reminding me of the horrid "scroll-thumb" on IBM mice, that had no tactile control, therefore overshooting the mark all the fargin' time!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Kenningston already has a great product with its wireless trackball. Microsoft doesn't seem to be able to innovate, but is a master at the copy game!

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Originally posted by wdlove
Kenningston already has a great product with its wireless trackball. Microsoft doesn't seem to be able to innovate, but is a master at the copy game!

I don't understand what a wireless trackball and a tilting scroll-wheel mouse have in common?

Tho the wireless trackball is what will soon be driving my home entertainment setup... since nobody can be bothered to make a wireless trackpad...

pnw

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.