Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aoide

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2003
Houston, TX
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who didn't know he was sick. What a wonderful talent he was.... I was so surprised today when I heard.

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
yeah I was not aware of his illness either, it's a shame to see such a great talent pass so soon, he was definitely one of the most amazing tap dancers of our generation.

Jerry Spoon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2002
Historic St. Charles
Really an amazing talent. He was a good actor, but when you saw him dance, you knew what his true gift was.

Didn't know he was sick either. Just saw it on the news tonight. My wife and I were both saddened.

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
wow, that is pretty sad. it is amazing that he kept on going, tho. he just performed by my university not even 6 months ago. I wish I could have made it, but the cost was too high.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Nobody knew he was sick. As paul said, I don't think he was at all open about his illness.

I really hope there's one day a cure found for cancer. I'm sure everyone here has lost someone close to it.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
May Gregory Hines rest in peace. I pray that his family and friends will be comforted. It's is always tragic when it is someone young! :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.