Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
Ok, so I had this bug happen to me a second time today, can someone else see if they can recreate it. Also, if anyone knows how I can submit bugs to apple, please let me know, I've looked all over their website. Anyway, here's the bug I've ran into:

I add an album or two to the on-the-go playlist and start listening. Before it gets to the end, I add more albums. Sometimes when I add an album, instead of playing the first song on that album when it gets to its turn in the playlist, it starts playing the very first song from the very first album that I added to the playlist. It shows the info for the song it should be playing, but it's actually playing the first song on the entire OTG playlist. If I go forward a song, then back to that song, it's fixed. Anyone else seen this occur?

RossoA

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2007
Horsham, UK
OMG, just tried it on my 160GB Classic, and the same thing happened!

No artwork came up, even though I have it for the song, and even though it said it was RHCP, the Survivor theme started! :confused:

Whatever, I'm not too bothered 'cause I make my Playlists in iTunes, but it's weird! :D

mcsunvt

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2008
SheepNutz...did you ever figure out how to fix the On-the-go playlist glitch you had described in the thread opener?

I am having the same problem with my 80GB iPod Classic

deliriousguy

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2008
Still There

I also have a 160GB Classic and it does the exact same thing. Does anyone know if Apple knows about this bug?

mcsunvt

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2008
I've gotten the impression that Apple does know, but has chosen to not do anything about this.

I spoke with an Apple representative in July, explained the situation, had him replicate the problem on his iPod Classic (which he acknowledged was replicated), and then I never heard back.

Pretty lame.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.