Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AubreyL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
I'm a coin collector and have mostly American coins, some foreign and other US special collector's coins. I also have some paper money. I've always wanted to prepare a coin database and came up with Liberty Street's Coin Manage and Currency Manager. A year later I'm finally getting to use them but have switched to a Mac. I could use Windows through Parallels but am wondering what Mac solutions are out there.
It appears the company doesn't make a Mac version. I know Filemaker Pro 9 is likely an option but I'm not sure how hard it would be to set up a database. Any other suggestions?

dschnepp

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2009
Jacksonville, NC
I'm a coin collector and have mostly American coins, some foreign and other US special collector's coins. I also have some paper money. I've always wanted to prepare a coin database and came up with Liberty Street's Coin Manage and Currency Manager. A year later I'm finally getting to use them but have switched to a Mac. I could use Windows through Parallels but am wondering what Mac solutions are out there.
It appears the company doesn't make a Mac version. I know Filemaker Pro 9 is likely an option but I'm not sure how hard it would be to set up a database. Any other suggestions?

Did you ever find anything or did you set up a FM database for this?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I used to use Liberty Street too but they won't respond to my request for a Mac version. I now use Bento to manage my coin database.

Picture%201_1.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.