Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayst

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2007
Hi,
I've just bought one of the greatest new devices of the decade - an iPhone :)- and I have the following problem: I've created 2 folders for photos in iTunes, but after syncing my iPhone I have 3 folders in my iPhone Photos, the two folders I created and a 3rd one containing all the photos from the other two folders - quite unnecessary and space consuming. Any idea where I went wrong? Cheers. AYST.

ayst

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2007
Could be, but its a "photo album" just like the other two. But its not called an "index" or "all your photos", so its puzzling. Thanks.

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs
Yep, I don't have a real answer for you sorry. All I know is that as far as I can recall it's been like that since day one and it wouldn't make much sense to force you to keep 2 copies of each pic.

artemka

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2007
The folder "Photo Library" contains all the pictures that are there on iphone transfered from comp. But does anyone knows if that folder takes space? Cuz basically there are two copies of each pictures on iphones memory.

JD914

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2007
Dutchess County NY
i was puzzled at first then realized the "extra" folder is a collection of all pictures on your iPhone. I doubt its a second copy of all your pictures and takes away hard drive space. You should call apple just in case you have any doubts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.