Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
Is there any way to say if a cell's value is zero, then do not display the zero ? I want to make a spreadsheet look a lot tidier but all the unused calculation values show zeros and I'd rather they displayed a blank.

Sorry if this sounds complex. I cannot think how to simplify this and have tried searching on apple's support for this :(
Thanks

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
Is there any way to say if a cell's value is zero, then do not display the zero ? I want to make a spreadsheet look a lot tidier but all the unused calculation values show zeros and I'd rather they displayed a blank.

Sorry if this sounds complex. I cannot think how to simplify this and have tried searching on apple's support for this :(
Thanks
One way is to apply a conditional format and set the text color to be the same as the background color if the value equals zero...

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
Ah, that is perfect. Thanks :) Still getting used to moving things from Excel.

It would be nice if Apple fixed the bug whereby numeric keyboards on European computers (who use comma as decimal place) work !

Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.