Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Some of our readers may recall Cinemaware, a well-known game company that appeared in the mid-80's, creating rather unique and wonderful games that pushed the run of the mill computer gaming experience of the time more towards a cinematic experience. Their first and most well known title was Defender of the Crown (see a fan page), first released on the Amiga.
Well, in what is a magnificent stroke of luck for Mac and PC users alike, Cinemaware has is working with clickBOOM, a well known Amiga development house, to port Defender of the Crown as well as a number of other cinematic classics of the time to the Mac and PC platforms, to be sold at a value pricepoint of $14.99 - $19.99. The games will feature reworked, enhanced graphics and sound (based faithfully on the original) as well as portions of the games that were omitted from the final releases. See clickBOOM's artfully rendered press release on the subject.
To those unfamiliar with these excellent games, this is a great opportunity to see some of the best games ever created, in a time when the word DOOM simply described the fate of most of the platforms that these games were originally developer for. To this day, I still play DOTC ony my Amiga and Apple IIgs. Quite an experience.

ajhubble

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2001
Sydney, Australia
I seem to remember Defender of the Crown in the mail order catalogues in MacUser way back in the 1980's. We were going to order it for our Mac128K (on the basis of seeing the game in action on somebody's Amiga) except the mail order company didn't have it in stock. I could be wrong, being only 10 at the time :)

- Anthony Hubble

Twilight

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2001
Cool...

I'can remember D.O.C, Wings, Rocket Ranger and all the other Amiga titles.

Awesome!

E

evo

Didn't CinemaWare also do "It Came From The Desert"????? THAT was a great game, and so was Wings. I'd be SO happy if they were released, let's hope so eh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.